Madrid Gay Tours offers this tour to enjoy a day visiting the beautiful city-museum of Toledo, located 70 km away from Madrid, and declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco.
After your morning in Toledo, we will leave around 14:30pm back to Madrid with a stop at Bargas, home of the “Finca Loranque” where we will visit its wine cellars and where you will get the chance to try some of their wines.
This tour is in English only and is runned on a minibus with maximum 20 people.
- Madrid – Provider’s Main Office
- Meet at the Meeting Point
- Drive to Toledo
- Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz
- The old Bib-al-Mardum Mosque or Valmardón Mosque
- Church of Saint Tomé where you will see “El Entierro del señor de Orgaz”, masterpiece of El Greco
- The Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca
- Panoramic view of Toledo
- Free time to have Lunch (optional arranged lunch)
- Wine Tasting at Bargas
- Drive back to Madrid
- 8 hours approximately
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- English Speaking Official guide.
- Entrance fee to Cathedral, Church of St. Tome, Synagogue and Cristo de la Luz.
- Commented tasting of 3 wines and an appetizer.
- Transfers from/to accommodation
- Spending money
- Lunch (optional)
- Gratuity – optional.
- Tourist Lunch – menu composed by vegetable stew, veal cutting with green beans and french fried potatoes and vanilla ice cream with fruit salad (drinks not included).
- Typical Lunch – appetizers and castilian tapas, roasted lamb with vegetables, truffle cake with ice cream, wine, mineral water and coffee.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sun Protection
For cancellations you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your wish to cancel it to email@example.com
All cancellations may have a charge according to when you tell us your wish to cancel your booking.
This service has these Cancellation Fees,
- Cancellations up to 7 days before the services: No Cancellation Fee.
- Cancellations between 7 and 2 days before the services: Cancellation Fee of 20% of cost of your booking.
- Cancellations within 2 days before the service or No Show: Cancellation Fee of 100% of cost of your booking.
Any banking fees because of returns will be paid by customers.
For changes you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your requested changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can not guarantee any change until we have provider’s confirmation. Some changes may have an additional cost.
Tour without Lunch
Adult – 95€/pp
Tour with Touristic Lunch
Adult – 113€/pp
Tour with Typical Lunch
Adult – 123€/pp
Departures Mondays and Saturdays at 9’30h till end October
Visiting the Cellar
Fill in this form with your prefered date. We can not guarantee this availability but we will do as much as we can to achieve it.